STORAGE – SIRIUS SUPERCAPACITOR
A market first for EFFICIENT ENERGY STORAGE
- Cycle life of 1 million cycles gives superior life expectancy
- Rapid charge translates into big savings on solar panels.
- Depth-of-Discharge of 100% and round trip efficiency of 99%
- Unsurpassed temperature tolerance from -25C to 85C.
- 10 year manufacturer warranty
- 45 Year design life
Sirius Practically Charges as Fast as your Inverter or Charger Allows – Eliminates the Need For Large Battery Banks.
The Sirius Super Capacitor Module can theoretically be charged in less than 32 seconds without affecting cycle life. Various models are available with different charge and discharge ratings, ranging from 1C to 135C.
The popular model in the Solar PV and Home use market is the 1.35C Model, which means the unit can be fully Charged or Discharge 1.35 times in an hour. This is faster that any normal application in the Solar PV and home use market will require.
You can charge and discharge the 1.35C model in 44 minutes, which makes this well suited even for sites where you energy storage is recharge by generator of the grid from time to time.
Faster charging models delivers significant advantages in a wide range of deployments such as in electric vehicles or utility grade frequency regulation.
An infrastructure of fast-charging stations eliminates the need for large battery banks with extended range.
Fast-charging of the Sirius provides utilities with real time response capability to frequency regulation.
- With a Depth-of-Discharge (DOD) of 100% and round-trip efficiency of 99.1%, the Sirius battery’s delivered and rated capacity are almost the same, allowing for a significant reduction in the number of batteries required when compared to systems utilizing chemical batteries, thereby lowering capital investment. In other words, you can use the full rated kW capacity without ever damaging the unit.
- Due to the very low Impedance of the SIRIUS, up to 10 units can be placed in parallel before ripple current needs to be considered.
The cycle life of the Sirius storage system is 1 million cycles at 100% DOD with negligible capacity fade and impact of charge / discharge rates. Combined with very low maintenance requirements, Sirius delivers power and energy at an unmatched cost per cycle.
The SIRIUS can operate between -30 deg Celsius and +85 deg Celsius.
With a temperature tolerance range that is higher than most chemical batteries, the SIRIUS can be deployed in extremely harsh environments without cooling or heating, resulting in less oversight and maintenance.
The foremost reasons why chemical batteries do not reach there stated usage cycles are depth of discharge and temperature.
SIRIUS will never disappoint you on either of these aspects.
You can discharge to 0% and you can operate at Extreme temperature.
A Patented, charge retention circuit, controls energy flows and slows down the typical capacitor discharge to a level where self discharge is no longer of practical concern.
The SIRIUS Super Capacitor Energy Storage Module only self-discharge 5% after 25 days!